Tuesday, May 7, 2013

met gala realness
















































When looking for the most "wow" gowns at the Met Gala, I usually gravitate towards the ones that make a statement, or are the furthest from one's comfort zone, and I look to see if they match the theme of the evening. This year, I was quite underwhelmed. I mean, where was the "train for days" look? I mean everyone  seemed to be wearing a black dress with either cutouts or sheer panels, hasn't that been happening for like a year now? I love the trend, but this is the Met Gala, time to put your big girl pants on and show up for the one event where it's actually acceptable to wear something over the top and look a little crazy. The theme was Punk, so there was a lot of black eye shadow and studs,which is cool, but with such a crazy theme, there should have been a little more risk taken. That being said, I still had a few favorites ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...