Tuesday, January 25, 2011

rainy day delights




There's nothing like a good movie and some mint tea to brighten up the rainiest of days. Now we may not have discussed this here yet but I could probably survive on a diet of period films and english literature, particularly of the Jane Austen persuasion. There's really nothing like delving into one of these sweeping love stories, and a rainy day really brings the cravings out.

Pride and Prejudice is probably my all time favorite. What girl could possibly read that book and not long for their own personal Mr. Darcy? When it comes to the movie version I have trouble deciding between the eye candy of the hollywood version with Keira Knightly and the six hour, painfully accurate BBC version. Both are wonderful, but the BBC version has one definite plus and that is most certainly Colin Firth. Oh yes, ladies, I believe you know what I'm talking about.

Sense and Sensibility is another favorite of mine. Every time I watch it I want to immediately move to an English country cottage, read Shakespeare's sonnets and wear large feathered hats. If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...