Tuesday, December 13, 2011

sunday sweets {toffee}


Every year my mother makes this toffee recipe for Christmas. It's delicious, but it's usually one of the things I try to stay away from during the holidays. There's just so many other empty calories to focus on, but I decided to make them on my own this year because they're an excellent addition to cookie baskets, a nice little change for people. They're also very easy to make, which suited my laziness this weekend.



Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound margarine
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup pecans

Directions:
1. Cook sugar, salt and margarine over high heat until margarine melts completely. Reduce to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns a deep amber. This will take about 45 minutes to an hour, so be patient.
2. Once ready, pour mixture onto an ungreased pan, I used a silpat {which by the way is one of the most amazing baking tools, I suggest buying a few}. Allow toffee to cool and harden.
3. Melt chocolate and spread over toffee evenly. Sprinkle crushed pecans on top, allow to harden.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...