Monday, June 13, 2011

sunday sweets {sangria]



I'm trying to be better about food. Lately we've been eating healthy dinners together with lots of veggies from our garden and lots of grilled fish or chicken. I'm trying to be better about not keeping too many sweets in the house too, which is a huge problem for me {refer to all other sunday sweets posts}.

So this week I thought I'd do something different and include a sweet summery drink. Something that's incredibly easy to make and will still allow you to put a bathing suit on later without wanting to die.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of red wine {I used shiraz}
1 bottle of blackberry schnapps
ginger ale
fresh fruit: I used oranges, blueberries, and peaches {you can also use lemons, limes, strawberries, blackberries etc.}

Directions:
Pour wine, ginger ale {it should be about 3/4 wine 1/4 ginger ale} and schnapps into container or serving pitcher {add 1/2 bottle of schnapps firs and then taste, add more depending on preference}. Slice oranges and peaches and add them to the wine, also adding whole blueberries and stir. Let refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...