Monday, March 3, 2014

oscar beauties































I can't help it, I'm a total award show nerd. I watch them all, check the photos the next day, tune in for all the red carpets, and creep around all the celebrity twitpics. I refuse to be ashamed. 

Despite being a little {a lot} annoyed by E!'s coverage of the red carpet this year, I was still impressed by the fashion of the night. I may have had to look at it all online since somehow they're red carpet show was cut off after an hour, I mean they didn't even talk to anyone super important! It was the first time I found myself wishing I could see more of Seacrest, that's how bored I was. Seriously. Where was the interview with Jennifer Lawrence about eating doritos or wanting McDonalds? It was truly lacking. 

But I digress. The show was pretty entertaining, I even enjoyed the pizza joke... just maybe not when it went on for over an hour. Seriously? There was no other joke you could have switched to? You wanted to make the entire show about ordering/paying for pizza? Ok. The selfie was funny though, and I know Jennifer Lawrence was at least appreciative of the pizza. 

Let's get to the fashion, shall we? Metallics and nudes were pretty big, as was expected. They did, however, make it that much more memorable and exciting when someone stepped onto the carpet in color. The moment Lupita Nyong'o came out in that blue dress was everything. That color on her skin, that headband, her smile... seriously, that's a moment. Jennifer Lawrence was a little Michelle Williams circa two oscars ago, but I still loved it. I was happy to see her hair blown back, and god knows I love a peplum. Can we talk about Cate Blanchett for a second? That woman can do no wrong when it comes to fashion. Breathtaking. Etherial. Unreal. 

There were others but those three took that night. It was an effortless display of what movie stars SHOULD look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...