Monday, February 28, 2011

brewvival 2011


As I mentioned in an earlier post, this weekend was the annual Charleston Brewvival. May I begin by stating that this is equal to Christmas for Jacob. Seriously. He was exceptionally giddy when we woke up that morning, I don't think I've seen him that happy in a really long time, and rightfully so. It was a great day, filled with lovely friends and delicious beer. Not to mention that the weather was beautiful {70+ degrees, no big deal northerners}.

We got to try some really exceptional beers, but I definitely had a few stand out to me. Cigar City showed up to everyone's surprise and with them came some truly remarkable beers, one being their Caramel Graham Cracker ale. HOLY CRAP. This was absolutely amazing. I'm not quite as articulate as Jacob when it comes to beer, but I will say that I enjoyed it. The other one that stood out to me was the Tart Lychee from New Belgium. Sour beers can be a hard sell, but once you have one it's hard to get them out of your mind.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day. It helped that it was capped off with a trip to Pearlz, a dozen oysters, more beer and oyster shooters. Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...