Wednesday, February 23, 2011

soft serve rules



Ok, I know I've professed my love and devotion for Debbie Carlos and her amazing large format photos many times before, but this one holds a special place in my heart. Soft serve ice cream is my faaaaaav, especially the twist. Growing up in Upstate NY one of the best things about summer was that all the soft serve places would open up. From May until September I would frequent such places as On the Farm, Coney Island Express and Kerver Kream. I'm not sure if these types of 50's ice cream summer places are a northern thing, but I haven't been able to find any places like that down here, which depresses me to no end {and if you even utter the worlds Dairy Queen to me, we will no longer be friends}.

Anyway, when I saw this photo on Debbie's site I almost fell out of my chair. What could be more fitting for me? I'm not sure if it would make me really happy to have around or slightly sad that I'm not shoving my face with an ice cream twist {with mint-chocolate sprinkles, duh}.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...