Monday, September 5, 2011

sunday sweets {cinnamon-pear muffins}

I literally have bags and bags of baking pears in my house right now. Someone at work has a pear tree and has been kind enough to share them with me. I thought about making a pear tart or a crumble, but I've made a lot of pies and tarts lately, so here's something different. 

Jacob and I have spent the weekend trying to recover from the damage last week's beer festival celebrations caused. Sunday morning I was on my second cup of large coffee when I decided muffins would really hit the spot. However, in my lazy state, the thought of baking anything was just too overwhelming. I then remembered a book my mother gave me for Christmas, Radically Simple, and sure enough there was a recipe for pear muffins that was said to take 30 minutes. Perfect. 


This recipe is so easy, it's kind of embarrassing, but I promise it's really good. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 self rising flour
3/4 sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon 
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/4 cup peeled and diced pears {or if you prefer, apples, blueberries etc.} 
turbinado sugar 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside. Whisk together egg, buttermilk, and oil. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix together until completely combined. Add diced pears. Pour mixture into paper-lined muffin tin, sprinkle turbinado sugar on top. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned. 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...