Monday, April 16, 2012

girls


I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I'm feeling much better thanks to the magical powers of orange juice and copious amounts of nyquil.

In case any of you missed the premier of Girls on HBO, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you to go WATCH. Seriously. Straight forward, irreverent, funny, and poignant. Lena Dunham wrote and stars in the series about 20 something girls post college and pre success living in NYC. Everyone wants to compare it to Sex and the City, but it's much more gritty and real {I mean Carrie is a writer who can afford a NYC apartment, that wardrobe, and cosmos every night? I don't think so}. The girls are totally relatable. Getting out of college and feeling that because you have a degree you're owed something, but not having it work out quite that way is something most grads deal with today.

I love the first scene with her parents. The generation gap is evident and completely real. In school you're in this comfortable, safe place where everyone tells you what you're creating is amazing and you're going to change the world when you get out. Then you graduate, and the rug gets pulled out from under you, it's a very believable situation.

Go watch.

1 comment:

  1. I just heard about this show and I'm now determined I need to jump on the bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...