Monday, October 3, 2011

sunday sweets {special buddies' addition}



In addition to the pumpkin spice latte, I wanted to make something for my special canine buddies. I still had some grains left over from Jacob's brew a couple of weeks ago, I had frozen them to make more cookies, but I thought treats for the dogs might be more generous. These are super easy, and I think they're pretty delicious, Bruce and Franklin seemed to really enjoy them.


Ingredients:
Original recipe:
4 cups spent grain {you can use oats if you don't have grains}
2 cups flour
1 cup peanut butter {all natural}
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. 
2. Press down into a dense layer on a large cookie sheet. Score almost all the way through into the shapes you want. 
3. Bake for about half an hour at 350 F to solidify them. 
4. Loosen them from the sheet, break the biscuits apart and return them, loosely spread out on the cookie sheet, to the oven at 225 F for 3 to 4 hours {or until they are really dry} to prevent mold growth. Store in an airtight container to keep them dry and mold-free.

1 comment:

  1. Sam
    I bottled some beer last night & collected the trub for some possible use. Im already trying to make a bread starter with it, but definitely have more left...any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...