Monday, October 3, 2011

sunday sweets {pumpkin spice latte}

This weekend actually felt like fall. The nights dropped to a brisk 55 and the days stayed in the low 70's, high 60's. For Savannah that is fall, so it felt amazing. My favorite thing to do when the weather is like this, is to get up early and have coffee outside. 


On Sunday I got up and had my coffee, but when I was finished I was craving something else, something fall-ish. So, instead of driving to Starbucks for one of their pumpkin spice lattes, I decided to make them come to me. This recipe allows you to recreate the favorite drink at home. It's a little less sweet, which I like, but you can add sugar. 



Ingredients:
1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/2 cup of coffee {i used Green Mountain's pumpkin spice, to add even more pumpkin flavoring, but you can use regular}
cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling over the top
1. In a saucepan, heat milk and pumpkin until steaming, or mix the milk and pumpkin in a 2 cup measuring cup and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.2. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Pour the milk mixture in a blender, and blend 20 seconds until it's frothy and foamy.
4. Pour into a mug, then add coffee.
5. Add sugar to taste, if you like.
A sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon, or pumpkin pie spice over the top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...