Monday, March 21, 2011

big love: a final goodbye {spoiler alert}



The series finale of Big Love aired last night, and I have to admit, I'm still kind of processing the ending. I won't spoil it for anyone out there but it's quite shocking, then again maybe it's not. Spoiler: For those of you who watched it, the more I think about it, the more I believe this may have been the only logical outcome. I mean they couldn't end the show by fixing all the problems that had been torturing the characters all season. If they had wrapped them all up in a bow and said "everything is fine now" we all would have been disappointed, right? I think Bill's death was the only way everyone else could move on with their lives, and that final scene of Barb giving him the blessing was so beautiful. What are your thoughts?

One thing I think we can agree on, even if you didn't enjoy the ending, is that it's sad that the show is gone now. I mean this is the whole reason I wanted HBO. I mean, now I watch a whole new group of shows, but it all started with this particular one.

1 comment:

  1. You need to listen to this Fresh Air: http://www.npr.org/2011/03/21/134661696/big-loves-creators-deconstruct-the-shows-finale

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...