Monday, March 14, 2011

sunday sweets {dark chocolate pudding}|



I will be the first to admit that I'm a complete chocoholic. Rarely can I get through a day without craving just a small piece of the delicious treat {generally accompanied by a glass of cabernet}. So after a weeks of eating lavender honey ice cream, I decided to go the opposite route and make something sinfully rich and chocolatey.

This is a recipe from the Hominy Grill cook book and it's absolutely amazing. I personally like pudding to be cooked before it sits in the fridge. It makes the pudding even more rich and flavorful. I also made whipped cream, but I added a little something extra. I believe I may have mentioned my love for St. Germain liquour here before, but allow me to remind you. It takes like a rose garden, only better. A rose garden in France. Oh, it's that good. Anyway, a heathy dose of it {about 2 tablespoons but you can do it to your taste}, added to your whipped cream {1cup heavy cream + about 1/2 teaspoon of confectionary sugar, or more depending on how sweet you like it} and you're good to go.

You'll need 8 ramekins to pour your pudding mixture into.

Ingredients:
  • 8oz bittersweet chocolate {I like to use Ghirardelli 60-70% cocoa}

  • cup sugar

  • egg yolks

  • cups heavy cream

  • tsp vanilla extract

  • tsp salt


    Preheat oven to 300 degrees

    • Chop chocolate. Reserve in bowl.

    • Whisk ¼ cup sugar into egg yolks. Mix rest of sugar with cream and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a boil.

    • Pour a little hot cream into bowl with egg yolks. Pour remaining cream over chocolate and stir with spatula until smooth. Add egg mixture and salt. Strain into a pitcher and refrigerate until cool.

    • Once cooled, pour into ⅔ cup ramekinsin a shallow baking pan half-filled with water (water bath) and cook at 300 degrees for about an hour. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. To serve, top with a fat dollop of freshly whipped cream.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...