Monday, January 30, 2012

sunday sweets {banana smoothie}


Happy Monday! I'm so happy to begin the week in which January will finally end. This seriously must be the longest month ever. I don't know why, maybe it's post holiday blues or something, but I thought it might go on forever. Anyway, February starts and I'll have Valentine's Day round ups, crafts, and desserts, so thing should start to pick up.

In continuing with the healthier theme from last week, I decided to skip dessert yesterday. Partially because I was trying to be healthier, but we also had friends in town this weekend and we took them to Back in the Day Bakery where I ordered a 'Nana Pudding... because I can't help myself. When I woke up Sunday I was feeling a little guilty, but mostly I was craving more, so I thought I'd make a banana smoothie.... it's good, but it's no pudding. Still, I felt better about myself after, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

For those of you who are not so into the healthy thing, I've got something for you next week. I intend to make up for any calories you may have lost by eating healthy, don't worry.



Ingredients:
1 banana
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp apple juice

Directions:
Blend ingredients together using a blender or food processor. Leave on high for about 4 minutes. Pour and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...