Monday, March 19, 2012

sunday sweets {2 minute chocolate cake}



I will begin this post by apologizing. I'm about to put into your hands the recipe for a delicious, decadent dessert that can be made quite easily, in about 2 minutes. The only thing I will say in my defense is that Jacob made me do it. Sometime he finds recipes and reads the directions to me as I scramble around the kitchen make it. He rarely tells me what the end result will be or how long it will take, so, you see, I had no idea this was going to be so dangerous.

Of course it's definitely dangerous. Not only can it be made in mere minutes, but it also consists of thing you probably have in your home at any given time. Or maybe I'm wrong, and I'm the only person that has basic baking ingredients stocked and ready at a moments notice. No matter, next time you have serious sweet tooth and not much patience to bake, make this and tell me I'm wrong.

Ingredients:
1 microwave safe mug
1 egg
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
splash vanilla extract
pinch salt

Directions:
1. In the mug add all wet ingredients together, including the egg. Whisk together well.
2. Add dry ingredients, and mix thoroughly. Add in vanilla extract, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir until completely combined.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes, or if you're like me, and you like your cake to be extract moist, 1 minute 45 seconds.
4. You can either eat this right out of the mug {if you're a monster, which clearly we were} or turn it out onto a plate. If you use the second technique, the batter at the bottom will have turned into a rich chocolate sauce which will drizzle all over your cake.

Told you it was dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...