Tuesday, March 20, 2012

a welcome surprise





I came home from work today grumpy and tired, per usual. Dragging myself from my car to the front door, I thought "I want to crawl into bed, and never leave," that is, of course, until I noticed one of those lovely amazon packages sitting on the doorstep. Small moments like these are to be cherished. It's the excitement just before opening a package that I love. What is it? Who's it from? It's a wonderful feeling, topped only by the actual opening of the package, and let me tell you, this one did not disappoint.

I had been meaning to order The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook for weeks, but someone beat me to it, and I'm so happy they did. I literally want to cook my way through this Julie & Julia style. I may wait until after the wedding, after the dress and the photos, but then I may just bake {and eat} everyday until I have conquered each recipe in this beyond lovely book.

To whom it may concern,
Thank you, thank you very much. I suggest you reveal yourself though, there will be lots of home-baked goods in your future.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...