Monday, March 5, 2012

sunday sweets {chocolate brownie cookies}



I was planning on making something light this week... but somehow, while at the grocery store, my cart veered toward the chocolate in the baking section. Once there I figured "go big or go home." I purchased baking chocolate, chocolate chunks, and coco powder, I wasn't sure what I was going to make but I knew it was going to be something that would cure even the most serious of chocolate cravings.

These are amazing. They taste a lot like fudgy brownies, but will the crust of a cookie. It's a good thing I brought most of them to work with me today because I have a feeling if I didn't Jacob would find me in a chocolate induced coma later.

Double Chocolate Cookies:
Ingredients:
8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped {I mix in a couple of ounces of bittersweet as well}
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 package of chocolate chunks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Together, heat the chopped chocolate and butter in the microwave on high for 20 second increments, until completely melted, stir.

Meanwhile, in bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat together on high until light and fluffy. Reduce speed. With the mixer still going, add the chocolate, mix until completely combined, then add the flour mixture. When everything is incorporated add the chocolate chunks.

Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough about 2 to 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, making sure to rotate pan at the halfway mark. DO NOT OVERCOOK. You want these cookies to be slightly undercooked, that will keep them gooey on the inside.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...