Friday, July 22, 2011

happy {hot} weekend!



Yesterday was Jacob's birthday so I tried my best to fill it with his three favorite things: beer, food, and Charleston. We had a fantastic time at all our favorite Charleston stops including FIG. We usually walk away from dinner there discussing the amazing pork trotter appetizer, but last night all we could talk about was their coddled sea island farm egg. Probably one of the most amazing things I've eaten in a while, and so simple, just perfect.

This weekend the weather channel has declared a heat advisory for the area so I think I'll be taking their advice and staying indoors. I'm going home to NY next week and seriously looking forward to some cooler weather, so the heat wave better be over by then.

In the meantime, enjoy these gems from around the web:
2. Hilarious art prints with some of my all time favorite characters.
6. Finally, last but not least, my lovely friend Kelsey has just opened an etsy shop. Her illustrations are so whimsical and pretty, please drop by and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...