Saturday, July 9, 2011

have a great weekend!


Any great plans for the weekend? Last night Jacob and I tried Blue Turtle Bistro, a new casual restaurant in Savannah. Everything is homemade {a rarity in Savannah} and fresh. It makes me happy to have more restaurants opening in the area with a focus on simple, homemade, tasty food in a relaxed dining setting. We need more like that in Savannah, more often than not there's a very large gap between restaurants here. Either you choose a fancy Alligator Soul {don't get me wrong, this place is one of my favorites when I feel like spending a lot} night, or an extremely laid back bar food kind of night. More places should meet in the middle I think. Anyway, the food was good, I think i need to go back and try it again, but their Duck Confit Pot Pie was pretty delicious. If you're in the area, I suggest giving it a try, if for no other reason than to just go somewhere different.

Meanwhile, around the internet:
1. One of the rarest beers around, it tastes like a moon pie.
2. Lovely country wedding {that barn, that dress!}
4. Watercolor save the dates, I'm really into the whole watercolor look right now.
5. Some cool posters from Brandon Schaefer. { 1, 2, 3, 4}


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...