Tuesday, July 12, 2011

on trend {nautical stripes}


{stripe silk blouse}

I'm sure you're seeing stripes everywhere you go right now. I'm totally obsessed with this trend, if you can call it that. The trend of nautical stripes has been around for a long time, starting with the iconic Breton shirt, named for the fishing community of Brittany, France, and made famous by Coco Chanel. I love that I could grab any of these pieces, throw them on as I'm running out the door and look classic, clean, and most of all, chic.

Perhaps this is being a little overdone this season, but that's what happens with a good trend, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

P.S. does anyone have the sudden urge to rent a cottage in Martha's Vineyard and eat lobster?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...