Monday, November 1, 2010

pumpkin carving

These are not detailed or complicated pumpkins, we are aware. I had ideas of grandeur after seeing Martha's pumpkins, but in the end I realized it just wasn't going to happen. First of all the Martha templates I printed were just too small for the pumpkins we bought, and secondly, we got a little lazy. We thought it was important that we do something for the little trick or treaters {which, by the way, did not come on sunday night, thanks a lot chatham county for switching Halloween to Saturday}.

Anyway we free handed these just have something. OH, and by we I mean Jacob. I facilitated. I am not really strong enough to cut through a pumpkin while creating straight lines, and I'm a little clumsy so I was afraid of slicing my hand. I created the basic outline and he went in a cut the pumpkin. Oh well, at least we have something, and they look very nice on our doorstep even if they're perhaps a little basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...